WOMAN MARINE

WOMAN MARINE
WORK HARD OR GO HOME

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

INSANITY and Turbo

What an evening.  After burning 835 calories moving furniture, I took to the gym to teach my Athletic Training class.  THEY MISSED ME....such an awesome feeling.  We were sweating like it was 100 degrees in there.  The next instructor was feeling a bit under the weather so I stayed and helped her teach the TURBO class afterwards.  Great group of ladies and even one DUDE hung on for the booty shakin.  Since I did the two hours back to back I just let the calorie counters continue.  The BodyBugg registered at 1097 before it fell off 6 minutes into Turbo (which is exactly what I knew it would do).  The Timex kept on ticking and registered 2084 for the two hours.  While I feel the Body Bugg us more accurate (maybe because it is newer) it just cannot hold up under the high intensity moves.  The Timex is a good choice but with all the sweat and constant friction on the heart rate strap, it gives out quickly and digs deep into the skin by the end of two hours.  It has already snapped once and I have tied a knot in it to keep it going.  It comes in two parts so when one gives out, you have to replace the whole thing.  It was only about $75 new vs. BodyBugg which was $270.  The Garmin ran me about $250 and is NOT user friendly at all.  The FitBit has a sleep function which I enjoy but I just don't feel the accuracy is there.  SO, still on the hunt for the perfect calorie counter and will try and see what I can do to rig the Body Bug to stay on my arm during HIGH INTENSITY moves.  See you tomorrow for SPIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment