WOMAN MARINE

WOMAN MARINE
WORK HARD OR GO HOME

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Ultimate RESET Day 5


What a weird yet surprisingly good day.  I was a bit nervous starting out knowing my calorie intake is low and Friday's are the busiest day of the week for me.  I had to be very strategic in how I was fuel for the day.  My day starts early at 5am since I have the Smith kids up first at 8am.  These celebrations can sometimes run long so I knew I might not have time to eat before my 10:45 TURBO class.  So, I opted for Vegan Chocolate Shakeology for breakfast.  Now since I had to lead the kids in their exercise I knew I needed a small amount of something in my stomach since the last meal was over 12 hours ago and I was in starvation mode.   But, limited on time did not have time for the eggs and spinach like the day before.  I was nervous because I was not sure if it was going to last me until 12:30 which is what I would need.  Now, since the RESET has begun, my bathroom activities have not been all that normal.  I have IBS so I typically take Milk of Magnesia each night before bed as the Magnesium helps with digestion and since I am on an acid blocker from the Ulcer issue last month, I am not producing enough to digest my food as quickly as I need.   Typically, it does the job while I sleep and I am READY to go when I wake up (sorry for too much information, but it is relevant).  This week since starting the RESET, that has not been the case.  I have barely gone but did not have the usual constipation you would think of in this case.  I just assumed that since I was eating just what my body needed and also very clean foods, my body was utilizing and absorbing most of it therefore there was very little left over for exit.  I have yet to weight (that will be the start of week 2) so I am unsure if my weight is the same but that is not why I am doing this to start with.  I just wanted to get rid of the bloat, sleep better, help my ulcer heal and get my body back to "damage free" zone.  Well, this day proved very differently.  I had my shake about 7:15 am.  I leave my house at 7:30 to get the kids to two different schools and then back to Smith for our Fitness Fridays.  WELL, 7:28 am came and LORD HELP ME!  Get out of the way!!!  I felt like I was in the movie Dumb and Dumber when they exchange laxatives as a practical joke.  So, I was there for what seemed like forever making up for lost time I guess.  I feel in the clear (no pun intended) and headed off to school.  By the time I get there, I feel the need to RUN again.  Or do I?   I choose to ignore it and hope for the best since I am using the same restrooms as the kids.  I never know what I am going to find in there and I am scared to death of public bathrooms because of germs.  I muster through the hour long Celebration and make it through my Fitness section.  The feeling has subsided as I have also not brought my water with me.  I think it would have been a different story had I brought it.  By the time I get back to my car, Jim Carry is in my head again and I can't get home fast enough.  BUT THE HOUSEKEEPERS ARE HERE.  They have finished the upstairs but are in the downstairs bathroom cleaning.  NOOOOOOO.  I have to attempt to run the stairs without having a BLOW OUT.  What other choice do I have?  SUCCESSFUL...thank goodness.  Another 15 minutes in there and I start to wonder how I could possibly have that much to discard.  Well, it's time to teach...are you kidding me?  What if I tuck jump, or burpee or jack...I am scared to death now.  I head to the gym as I have 15 minutes before class and during the drive there, it hits again.  AGAIN, I have to muster stairs to the bathroom for a quick...well, you know.  The walk from the bathroom to the aerobic room is only about 100 yards and in  that 100 yards, I prayed a silent prayer to just get me through class and then I could spend the rest of the afternoon in the JOHN.  NO LUCK...by the time I made it to class and started the music, I looked over at Cindy (who is also doing the RESET) and said, I have to go.  She said not to worry, I typically sweat it all out while I am working out anyway and I gave her "the look" and she said "Oh, that bathroom, you better go!".  Thank goodness there is a bathroom located in the room.  Off I go...as the class is wondering why I am running.  Class went fine, in fact, I started off drained and not sure I could do anything other than coach this class but halfway through this burst of energy has come out of nowhere.  I am jumping like a maniac and energy for days.  I finish off 90 minutes of TURBO, Planks and Push-ups and head home for a shower. I am staving but I need a shower.  Granted, I am thinking my blood sugar is going to drop any moment but it does not. Cindy (who I mentioned before) invited me to have salad out so I headed her way.  No bathroom incidents since class.  Salad was amazing and just what I needed.  Picked kids up from school and began to work in the office.  I had my alkalinize shot around 4:30 which holds me over until the husband comes home around 7:00pm asking what is for dinner. We typically eat out on Friday nights so I knew this would be challenging but I really did not feel like cooking either.  We could not agree on where to go so they headed out for pizza and I opted to stay in rather than try my luck with trying to resist the temptation.  I have learned at this stage of the game, avoidance is how I work best.  I make a shake, watch some trashy television (something about I want to marry Harry reality show).  I wait for the family to come home and then head off to bed.  It was just enough for me strangely and I was exhausted so I slept like a rock.  Let's head into Day 6 and hope this energy is here to stay.  Ultimate RESET info

No comments:

Post a Comment