WOMAN MARINE

WOMAN MARINE
WORK HARD OR GO HOME

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

ULTIMATE RESET DAY 1

ULTIMATE RESET DAY 1



The day started off better than most since it was Memorial Day 2014.  This meant I was able to sleep in a bit longer than usual.  I woke around 7am and actually got up at 8am.  Knowing this was day 1, I had prepped so I knew right after waking, I would need to drink my 8oz (or more) of water which I typically do anyway.  I am not a caffeine drinker so coffee is not my thing.  I could see where this would have been an issue for those types.  I actually drank around 24 oz. and took my necessary supplements and then proceeded to take my measurements and Day 1 photo.  According to the plan, you must then wait 30 minutes before having breakfast.  The timing was perfect.  I ate exactly what was listed on the menu for that day (even though I could have chose anything from the Breakfast list from week 1) which was 2 eggs, a slice of whole grain toast and a heaping size of steamed kale or spinach.  This is typically more than I eat any given morning since I usually drink my Shakeology at this time.  But, I thought, what the heck.  It was very filling!  Now, as you very well may know, it is not recommended that you workout on the RESET.  Since I am a Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor, there is no way around this.  I try and time my meals so that I have something in my stomach at least 30 minutes before I teach.  This worked out perfectly.  I was not hungry and had plenty of energy to complete my 90 minutes of TURBO complete with Planks and Push-ups.  This is where it gets CRAZY.  I finished teaching at about 12:15 (understand I finished breakfast around 10am) and I had a deep tissue massage scheduled for 1pm.  This did not leave me much time to shower (not doing so would just be gross and I am not sure the massage would have been enjoyable).  Knowing I was not going to get lunch until 2pm, I went ahead with my shower, water consumption and supplements.  I was EXTRA sensitive to the massage which probably means I was already in the DETOX mode.  My stomach is growling by this time and I can't wait to get home and eat.  I get home around 2pm to prep my MicroGreen Salad which was HUGE.  Of course, had I prepped better the day before (chopping veggies) I would have been able to eat before 3pm.  On the RESET, you also make your own salad dressing which is AMAZING.  This removes all the sugar and crap found in store bought dressings.  I posted in my Facebook page that I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to finish the salad...knowing I would probably eat those words later.  Now to wait for 2 hours before my Alkalanize shot (wheatgrass and herbs to balance my Ph).  I for one love the stuff.  It is very bitter and salty and you shoot it (4 oz.).  I typically add this to my Shakeology daily anyway so I was already used to it just not in it's pure form.  The members on my RESET Team had other opinions to share about the little green monster.  Now to wait 2 hours for dinner.  Here is the problem!!!!  It is Memorial Day and I am the ONLY one in my family doing the RESET so I began to prep for their dinner while I was still full from lunch hoping it would keep me from wanting to snack.  Now my husband is Latin therefore his meal of choice is Grilled Fajitas, Mexican Rice, Chips, Salsa and Guacamole and of course a nice cold BEER.  REALLY????  I am dying over here.  I reach out to my TEAM who I am sure is laughing hysterically at my predicament.  It is painfully quiet on the other end which means they are dealing with their own demons.  I manage to get through it and while they are eating I began to prepare my meal of Salmon, Asparagus and Baby Potatoes which was also very filling and very good.  Now you noticed that nowhere in this BLOG have I had my Shakeology.  That is because it is part of the meal plan if you NEED it but is not necessary.  I plan to use it as a snack when I teach so it keeps me from hitting a wall during my workouts. Dinner was complete by 7pm and with it being a school night for my little ones we begin the DREADED nighttime ritual.  My mood has gone from satisfied and relaxed to full on CRAZY IRRITABLE.  I am sure this is somewhat related to the fact I was not able to have my evening glass of wine or that NICE COLD BEER my husband was walking around with but I also have a SWEET TOOTH.  I love my pies, cakes, cookies and TWIZLERS!  Yes, TWIZLERS.  My husband still asks how I crave wax.  I just do and I am really CRAVING it right now.  So, off to bed we all go.  I am thinking I should probably go to sleep and get a good night's sleep as my day will begin at 5:30.  But, I AM NOT TIRED.  So my husband and I resort to watching a movie until about 11:30.  Now I am tired and ready to SNOOZE.  Low and behold it is May in Texas and regardless of months or seasons, you never know what you are going to get weather wise.  I have three dogs (one of which is high maintenance and can sense a storm 50 miles away).  Needless to say, she begins to bark around 1am.  Now, we are human and have yet to see lightning or hear thunder so are very irritated at this point and have to literally get up and take her out and get her to calm down and back into bed.  It is now 2am.  AHHH...back to bed as I am counting the hours I have left and BAM...the biggest lightning and thunder shock I have probably ever heard just sounded like it happened in my attic.  NOW THE WHOLE FAMILY IS UP....needless to say, 5:30 came early, I was not in the best of moods.  Kids are off to school now as I sit and have my first meal of Day 2.  Let's hope this goes well.  Stay tuned for a recap of Day 2 tomorrow.  Wish me luck, I am going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment