WOMAN MARINE

WOMAN MARINE
WORK HARD OR GO HOME

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Ultimate RESET Day 3




They say the hardest is the first 5 days.  I would have to agree.  I still have my sugar cravings and would kill for a glass of wine but I must stick to my guns.  I woke up hungry so I opted for the eggs and spinach over the steel cut oats.  I wanted to chew rather than swallow.  It was filling and a few more calories which I would need in order to teach my two back to back classes at the gym.  I ate around 8 am so it would still fuel me at 10:45 when I taught my first class.  I did not go all out like I usually do knowing I needed to hold some reserves in the tank for my next class.  This first class is a TurboKick class which for me is usually high impact and knows as HIIT training (High Intensity Interval Training).  I can typically burn around 900-1000 calories in the usual 60 minutes.  I kept my movements low impact (took the jumping out) and still managed to burn 600 calories.  So let me be the first to tell  you, low impact does not mean easy...you still work and you still BURN while saving your joints.  I did not feel drained at all going into my next class and I feel the motivation was still there thanks to my front row divas.  I brought a snack of 6 green apple wedges and 12 bare almonds with me along with 48 ounces of water for the two hours.  The snack on the RESET is usually between lunch and dinner but I knew with teaching I would need it here instead.  This is an approved RESET snack and it did it's trick.  I was refueled in time for Hip Hop Hustle which is still cardio related but low impact and more dancing.  I still managed a burn of about 400 calories.  I made it through the class!!!A funny story by the way...the gym where I teach just had a Smoothie Zone open up within the last week and it is being run by the nicest woman.  She came in before both my classes started and offered 10% off coupons for me to hand out to my students.  Now, typically I am not a fan of the sugar filled protein drinks but they do have great alternatives (salads, wraps and fruit).  At the end of my last class she came back to see if I had any of the coupons left of which I did not.  I would say this is the best thing to market to an aerobic class.  They should be starving by the time they leave my class and what a convenience to just be able to go downstairs and take care of lunch right before you leave.  As most of us know, you should eat a protein and a nutrient dense carb at the completion of your workout since this is when your metabolism is at it's highest.  She offered to make me anything for free for helping her get the word out about their grand opening and she noticed my minimal snack of apples and almonds.  Now, either she felt sorry for me or thought I was poor because the look of pity on her face was priceless.  I explained that neither were true but that I was indeed on a special restrictive meal plan called the RESET.  In our short time together, I think she thought I was crazy since she is aware of how long I had been at the gym and the little amount I had eaten.  I am sure we will revisit this conversation again.  By the time I got home, I was about to chew my own arm off.   But, I had to take supplements and wait 30 minutes before eating.   Then I realized, I was having quinoa which I had yet to prepare.  If you know anything of this food, you know it takes a while...OH LORD HELP ME.  It gave me time to shower and chop the remaining ingredients for the salad so it all worked out.  Thank goodness for the hummus and veggies that went along with it or I really would have eaten a limb.  It was very satisfying.  The afternoon was visited again by the GREEN MONSTER and then a scrumptious dinner of brown rice and black bean taco with guacamole and salsa.  NOW WE ARE TALKING.  I will be having this for dinner tonight and the husband loved it.  He did not stay within the same portion control I was in  but I am glad he enjoyed it.  Dinner done, now off to clean and prep the kids for bed.  It help me over all night and I did not go to bed hungry or stuffed.  Successful day I would say with all that went on.  Moving on to Day 4 when I don't have to teach and will be focusing on business and paperwork.  I hope my brain cells return as it involves math and thinking.  I NEED FOCUS...regenerate cells, REGENERATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment