WOMAN MARINE

WOMAN MARINE
WORK HARD OR GO HOME

Friday, February 25, 2011

Feet Update...

Well, as you may have noticed, I have not been posting caloric burns since Tuesday of this week.  I sustained a very painful foot energy.  I love high impact cardio but it was taking its toll on the balls of my feet.  I began my search for the "perfect" shoe and have been trying different brands out.  I was sold a pair of Asics which really did a number on my feet and never really had a chance to heal.  It all came to a head this past Tuesday as my feel were a bloody mess when I finished.  I was unable to put all my weight on either of my feet for a couple of days.  I was instructed to lay off shoes and any kind of "bouncing" until I could get in to see a Podiatrist.  She proceeded to lance, drain and x-ray the right foot.  There was not a tear or fracture of any kind but it was discovered that I had a birth defect in the ball of that foot.  I was fitted for orthopedic inserts and was given temporary inserts to try out.  I was under the impression I needed more "cushion" for the balls of my feet when in fact I needed less.  The balls of my feet are where my foot reaches the ground first, therefore it would be best to raise the rest of my foot so that the weight is evenly distributed.  The insert actually has a hole for the ball of my foot to rest in so that when I come down from a tuck-jump, the entire forward foot lands with the same amount of impact evenly distributed.  I am glad I went and had them checked and even though the "right" shoes are very important, so is knowing your feet.  Sometimes investing in a professional is well worth the time and money.  I know a lot of you have the same issues so I hope I had shed some light on the subject for you.  I plan to be back in the gym by Sunday and will begin the caloric burn posts again.  Till then, WORK HARD OR GO HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment