WOMAN MARINE

WOMAN MARINE
WORK HARD OR GO HOME

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Intermittent Fasting...Fact or Fiction

In studying for my Nutrition Certification, we are on the topic of Intermittent Fasting.  This seemed a but controversial to me as I have always been trained to "Eat More in order to Burn More".  I have done my fair share of cleanses and recently the Beachbody RESET and did see some improvement and felt great but there was still food involved.  While I continue my studies on this topic, I wanted to introduce you to 5 different Fasting Methods:

36 HR Fast/12 HR Feed
  • This is fine as long as you are NOT working out
  • This would be the option for your really obese clients who have yet to start a workout regiment
  • You basically are eating every other day allowing the body to feed off stored body fat
EAT STOP EAT
  • Full day fast (one day on/one day off)
  • Then continuing to eat 1-2 times a day
  • Those feeding times are centered around your workout schedule
WARRIOR DIET
  • 20 hour fast, 4 hour feed
  • You would do this everyday
  • You basically do not eat anything until dinner
  • Yes I know, you are not supposed to eat and then go to bed but this is designed for people that work out at night
LEANGAINS
  • 16 hour Fast, 8 hour Feed
  • This is also done everyday
  • You basically fast until lunch everyday meaning you would skip breakfast
  • Yes, I have heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day but your body still has fuel from the night before (dinner)
MEAL SKIPPING
  • You are skipping either breakfast or dinner (randomly)
  • Most people do this anyway but are not making the correct food choices for the meals they are having
  • You would do this Fast everyday as well
I do plan to try each and everyone of these in order to be able to better educate people on what to expect from each of these options.  I encourage you to do your research prior to trying any of these methods and continue to get your exercise done...one without the other is not a lifestyle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment